The adoption of an occupational health and safety management system (OH&S MS) is intended to enable an organization to improve its OH&S performance in the enhancement of health and safety at work, and to manage its OH&S risks. An internal audit is an essential element to an effective OH&S MS, and by attending this course you will benefit by learning and developing the skills to help improve your organization’s OH&S performance.
This course develops the necessary skills to assess and report on the conformance and implementation of processes based on ISO 45001. You’ll learn how to initiate an audit, prepare and conduct audit activities, compile and distribute audit reports and complete follow-up activities.
Who should attend?
- Anyone involved in auditing, maintaining, or supervising of an ISO 45001 management system
- You should have a good knowledge of ISO 45001, and the key principles of an OH&S MS. If not, we strongly recommend you attend our ISO 45001 Requirements course
What will I learn?
You will learn about:
- The guidelines of management system auditing according to ISO 19011:2011
- The application of these guidelines to auditing ISO 45001
Have the skills to:
- Initiate the audit
- Prepare audit activities
- Conduct audit activities
- Prepare and distribute the audit report
- Complete the audit
- Audit follow up
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Prepare, conduct and follow-up on ISO 45001 audit activities
- Identify and apply the benefits and requirements of an ISO 45001 audit
- Gain the skills to assess an organization’s capability to manage its OH&S MS
- Write factual audit reports and suggest corrective actions
- Detailed course notes and lunch provided
- Loan copy of the standard (to be returned after the course)